Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Most Influential Bands of All Time

I have listened to a lot of different bands over the years.  Some have come and gone, and some have stuck with me from the beginning.  I started listening to hard rock,and heavy metal when I was about 13.  I was at my baby sitters house, and she had an older son who was in to hard rock.  He had posters all over his walls.  I remember thinking his room was so cool, and I wanted a room just like his.  Later in life i knew  had achieved that look when I no longer had room on my walls to put posters so I had to start putting them on the sealing.  I remember looking at his cd collection and wanting to have that many.  I think he had like 100 or so.  I now have well over 600 cds and have probably gotten rid of 100.  From that day on I knew that I would be into heavy music.  Its definitely changed over the years, and progressed into what I listen to today, but I can't forget where I started.  Here is a list of bands that has influenced me the most over the years, and has helped me through different stages of my life.

-Black Sabbath-


-HIS INFERNAL MAJESTY aka H.I.M. -



-METALLICA- 



-KORN-






-ALICE IN CHAINS-



-OPETH-


-PANTERA-



-JUDAS PRIEST-


-LAMB OF GOD-



-DEFTONES-


-NIRVANA-



-TOOL-


-SLIPKNOT-


-MASTODON-


-COAL CHAMBER-


-SLAYER-



-DIMMU BORGIR-





-PORCUPINE TREE-


-COLD-



 -SEETHER-





So there you have it.  This is my list of my most influential bands of all time.  I have learned a lot from all of these groups over the years.  Some groups have taught my how to think for myself, how to stick up for myslf, how to laugh, cry, love, and hate.  Some bands I take mor from their music, and some bands I really listen to the lyrics maybe because I feel like they are talking to me in their words, or they are saying exactly what I want to say.  I have learned how to play drums, guitar, and sing, and I look up to all of these guys for their utmost commitment to music.  It takes so much work to do what these guys do year round.  Some of these bands I listen to regularly, and some not as often.  Either way I will never forget these bands and their impact on my life.  These are in no particular order as to best to worst.  I just wrote them down thinking about the topic. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment