Friday, January 7, 2011

Lamb of God - Wrath Review



This is Lamb of God's fifth studio effort.  I discovered Lamb of God when they were on the Ashes of the Wake album.  It's actually kind of funny how I came across them.  I was playing Guitar Hero 3.  I think it was 3 but I'm not 100% sure. But I kept playing this awsome song Laid To Rest by this band I'd never heard of Lamb of God.  I liked that song so much I did a little research on them and learned who they were.  So thanks to GH I fell in Love with this band.  Thank you guitar hero.  haha.  So now this band is by far one of my favorite bands right now.  Chris Adler is one of the greatest drummers out there.  Randy Blythe has a scream like no other and dominates the scream vocals in heavy metal right now.  His range is far above so many other screamers in metal.  And last but not least the guitar work 6-string, and 4 are so aggressive and fast that when you here a LOG guitar lick you know it.  Willie Adler's string skipping ability is something to be desired.  I think that these guys will be on top of the metal scene for a long time to come and that is surely ok with me. Now for their new one Wrath.  I have been satisfied with all of their releases in the past, but I felt that there was something missing in each of them.  Like in the past I've wanted Chris to do more blast beats, and I wanted Mark to solo more.  Other than that they were perfect.  I was really hoping that with their new one they would come through.  When I popped Wrath in and the first track came on, In Your Own Words I was like ok its gonna be a pretty aggressive album and I was ready for it.   Than when the next, Set To Fail rolled on I almost shed a tear.  I heard the blasts that I've been wanting from Chris.  I love that song it is so in your face fast.  I know he's done them in the past but I wanted more, more, more, haha.  Than Fake Messiah comes around and I'm already jumping around freaking out saying "this is amazing I love it", and if you know me that's no under statement.  Ask my wife she had to put up with me acting like a five year old who had just gotten a new toy from Wallyworld.  Hey what can I say I love my music.  So anyways the guitar work on the Wrath is amazing.  It really tops pretty much everything they've done so far.  The production, and mastering on the album is really great as well.  They did a great job on making everything sound just top notch.  They couldn't of had a better team.  So this album, when it ends I was super siked, but sad also because it was over.  But hey repeat is wonderful haha.  I listened to Wrath over and over for like six months straight until I got my next freak out which in 2009 was hard to top.  I think it had to be either Devildriver's  Pray For Villains, or Slayer's World Painted Blood.  None the less this album was huge for me in 2009.  There were a lot of good ones that came out in 2009, but this one is definitely in my top five for sure.  I recommend this album for any metal fan that likes aggressive guitar playing, fast drumming, and just in your face carnal screaming.  Which come on guys this album has everything that makes a perfect heavy metal album so pick it up trust me.  I gave this album of course a 10.  So until the next one "stay hard, stay heavy"

0 comments:

Post a Comment