Thursday, November 17, 2011

Unearth - Darkness In the Light Review

Unearth - Darkness In The Light


This one is going to be short and sweet, and to the point.  I 'd have to say that I haven't really given Unearth a fair chance up to this point.  I've known about them for a long time, but never really checked them other than listening to a few tracks off of their earlier works.  I was fairly impressed with The March, and I knew of some of the earlier workings as well.  This release however is absolutly amazing.  It is by far my favorite metal-core release of the year hands down.  The use of great technicals, and melodicisim, while keeping it really catchy, and heavy has not been beat all year.  This record really gets better and better every time I listen to it.  I love the opening track.  It does a really good job at showing their diversity, and range with their particular style of metal.  These guys really know how to write great hooks, with some really catchy break downs.  It has some of the best break downs I've heard in a long time.  Metal core is so diluted with break down after break down, and this record really keeps you interested the whole way through.  The guitar melodies are perfectly writen with the right amount of flow, and build to some of the most brutal metal core I've heard in a long time.  The vocals are crisp and well produced, and sound really great as well.  This record has some of the best solos I've heard in a long time as well.

So with this release Darkness In the Light I will be a fan of Unearth from here on out.  Now that I know they aren't just another run of the mill metal core band.  These guys really have a lot of talent packed into on little package that puches you right in the face when you open it, and leaves you stunned for a long time.  I recommend this record to any fan of metal core it will put to shame anything else you put next to it.  So for my score I give this record a solid 9, and it's well diserved.  I'm going to try and do as many reviews as I possibly can by the end of the year.  I've got a lot more albums that I want to talk about so stay tunned.  So until next time stay hard, stay heavy.





0 comments:

Post a Comment