Friday, November 18, 2011

Graveyard - Hisingen Blues Review

Graveyard - Hisingen Blues


   This is by far one of my favorite records of the year.  The more and more I listen to it, the more I like it.  It's full of such a classic integrity that really not many bands are doing these days.  This album will be in my top five for sure at the end of the year.  So on to the review
   For those of you that don't now who Graveyard is they are hard rock band from Gothenburg, Sweden. Joakim Nilsson, and Rikard Edlund who were both in the rock band Norrsken, and Axel Sjöberg, and Truls Mörck formed Graveyard in 2006.  They have two studio albums to date.  One self titled debut, and the new Hisingen Blues released on March 25, 2011.  So I know this is long over due, I've just been really soaking up this album for a while.  They incorporate a lot of 70's rock, and classic metal styles that really pay homage to the early greats like Sabbath, Zeppelin, Gentle Giant, and many others from that time period.  These guys are really good at creating a style that is so remnant of that time, but while standing out on its own as something fresh and new.  If you watch their video for Hisingen Blues it really looks like something from the 70's and makes you think you're back in that righteous time period.  It's a pretty cool, basic rock video.  I really am liking just the great jam rhythms, and guitar tones on this record.  The story telling in the lyrics are great as well.  Everything seems to have a great balance to it, and nothing really sounds out of place at all.  Graveyard really are starting to prove themselves as giants of rock, and classic metal that really is putting the old back in to whats new these days.  Which I think needs to be done more often.  not many bands these days are remembering where their roots are, and forget about what makes good music.  Getting lost in the modern music world, which is do diluted with a digital, generic creation process.  I'm really in to the ways of old.  The older styles of recording,mastering, production, mics, drum sounds, vocals, and so when I hear bands use real drums, and really guitars it gives me hope that there still is good music out there.  I really think these guys are one of the bands that really know how to bring it old school, but like I said give us something we've never heard before. 
   So in short this album is great, and anyone who favors the classics should check this album out.  You won't be sorry.  Another thing that I really like is the LP version of the release.  The record is awsome looking.  I love vinyl and these guys all out on there vinyl release with a cool record design.  I suggest getting the vinyl if you can just cause of the glorious design, but any copy will do really.  So if I'd have to give this record a score I'd give it a 9 out of 10.  Great album with great sound, great rhythms, great vocals, and wonderful lyrics.  Like I said go pick it up you won't be sorry.  So until next time stay hard, stay heavy.






This live performance of Hisingen Blues is absolutly amazing.  Watch it I comand you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment