Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Repeated Offenders - 2009 Repeats

So I started doing this repeated offenders thing, and I like the idea so I'm gonna continue with it.  I will probably go back a few more years not sure yet.  2009 for me was a huge year.  i mean there was stuff from Alice In Chains, Baroness, Between the Buried & Me, Lamb of God, and Mastodon just to name a few.  So here is the stuff that I can't put down from 2009.


Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue




Amorphis - Skyforger




Baroness - Blue Record




Behemoth - Evangelion




Between the Buried & Me - The Great Misdirect




Candlemass - Death Magic Doom




Converge - Axe TO Fall




The Gates of Slumber - Hymns of Blood And Thunder




Goatwhore - Carving Out the Eyes of God




Insomnium - Across the Dark




Isis - Wavering Radiant




Katatonia - Night Is the New Day




Kylesa - Static Tensions




Lamb of God - Wrath




Mastodon - Crack the Skye




Obscura - Cosmogenesis




Porcupine Tree - The Incident




Priestess - Prior To the Fire




Swallow the Sun - New Moon





Ok so there they are the stuff I'm still jamming like crazy.  I also want to start a list of maybe the 5 or 10 that I have really forgotten about or just don't really like anymore for whatever reason.  The number will depend really on the amount of good or bad releases I picked up that year.  It will mostly be ones I've just really forgotten about because honestly if I don't like it anymore I sell it or trade it some how to put toward stuff I will like.  So this year will have to be 10.  With this year being a great year for me it also had it's down falls of the year as well so here they are the 10 releases that I've just put away from 2009.


Breaking Benjamin - Dear Agony




Chevelle - Sci-Fi Crimes




CKY - Carver City




Dope - No Regrets




Evans Blue - Evans Blue




Hatebreed - Hatebreed




Killswitch Engage - Killswitch Engage




Lacuna Coil - Shallow Life




Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low




Static-X - Cult of Static




So there everything is.  Some of the albums in the forgotten list you may say hay I liked that album or what not.  Well that's fine but honestly I really was displeased with all of those releases.  The Chevelle release was half way decent, as well as the Breaking Benjamin.  Everything else though really was forgotten pretty much right after the first listen.  I gave the Hatebreed record a few listens because I have liked a few of their albums in the past, I just really have grown tired of Hatebreed's sound, and direction.  The Static-X release along with the Marilyn Manson were just really really bad.  I think that the Static record has maybe 2 to 3 fair tracks at best.  I have listened to Wayne Static's first solo record that came out this year, and I'd have to say I didn't like it at first listen but it's growing on me.  While not being anything close to awsome it still is not at the bottom for sure.  Now the Marilyn Manson record there really is only one thing good I can say about it is that it's good to see Twiggy Ramirez back with Marilyn on this release, but the result really was not good at all.  If this is the new direction of Marilyn Manson I seriously will be forced to stop buying his stuff.  Not that his Eat Me, Drink Me was very good either but I still gave it a chance.  So until next time stay hard, stay heavy.












0 comments:

Post a Comment