Thursday, October 27, 2011

Opeth Concert Oct 4 2011

Ok so this is long over due I just haven't gotten around to it.  Leigh and I went to see Opeth and Katatonia on the 4th at Stubb's and I've been wanting to post about it so here it is finally.  The concert was really really good.  Katatonia didn't play very long which was a let down because I really like Katatonia.  I read the night before that  Lead singer Jonas p. Renkse's woice was hurting him and he had to cancel the show the night before ours.  So we were lucky to see them perform at all.  When Opeth came out on stage and I saw mikael in person he really looked different than you see on all the videos and things.  He is tall and skinny, and had his hair cut a little shorter than normal.  The band really was on top of their game the whole way threw the performance.  Mikael is such a perfectionist and it sounded great.  They really focused on a lot of their softer stuff, and played a lot from their new one Heritage which was really cool to watch.  Leigh and I were right up front of course so we got to see all of the major guitar work and soloing the whole time.  I would've liked to hear a little of the death metal side of Opeth, but still this performance was really good sounding and I enjoyed it very much.  I will go see them from this point on every time they come to Austin, or San Antonio.  So here are some pictures that Leigh was able to capture with her phone enjoy.











0 comments:

Post a Comment