Thursday, March 3, 2011

2010 Additions...

   I know that I said I wouldn't include anymore 2010 buys in my top 10's list of 2010.  This is going to be a list of additions to the buys of 2010.  Some are really great and should've been in the top 10, but like I said I can't include them since the year is over.  Some aren't so good, and they were worth waiting for the end of the year to get into.  So here is the list of additions I've made to my 2010 buys.  I'll tell you guys which ones are great and should be checked out, and ones that I wasn't so happy with.  So here it goes


Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones


Wow!  When I got this record I was very very pleased with it.  Great deep, dark vibe.  The vocals are excellent, the guitar distortion sound is top notch Doom, Drone sounding.  This is a great record, and I highly recommend it for every old school Celtic Frost fan, adn any guys who like the Doom vibes.  Would've been top 10 most definetly.


 Danzig - Deth Red Sabaoth


This album was pretty decent.  There are some good licks and breaks throughout the record.  Glenn's vocals are as good as ever.  The only thing that I'd say bad about it is there is nothing shocking on this record that blew me away about this record.  Its pretty predictable Danzig material.  Still worth a listen though.


Cradle of Filth - Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa


Pretty good COF record.  His screams are pretty intense and guttural on this record.  The guitar work is in my opinion the best so far.  So check this out for sure.


All That Remains - For We Are Many


Decent sound, but predictable and nothing really crazy good here.  There are some good technicals as these guys have a good nature for technical riffs, but nothing really new.  I still like it though.


Kylesa - Spiral Shadow


You guys know what I think of this release.  I did a full review on it.  Great record all around.  The artwork is awsome to boot.  This record would've been in my top 5 for sure.  These guys really know how to do their craft, and Spiral Shadow is their best yet.


The Ocean - Heliocentric
The Ocean - Anthropocentric


These are great duel albums.  They are the most concept intensive albums I have ever gotten into.  These guys don't do anything half-assed.  I recommend these albums to anyone who wants to learn something, and get an ear full of great prog drone metal. 


The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis


Great record.  Pretty crazy the whole way through.  This one would've been in my top 10.  Def recommend checking it out.


Kingdom of Sorrow - Behind the Blackest Tears


This record grew on me.  I was pretty hesitant to get it, but when I did I really enjoyed it.  Way better than their debut.  Definitely check these guys out.


Electric Wizard - Black Masses


Holy crap!  I don't think I've heard anything as dark and demonic.  These guys know how to scare the pants off of the world.  Now that doesn't go without saying its definitely not the heaviest material I've listened to, but man it is heavy.  Top 20 material for sure.


HowL - Full of Hell


This record is def worth checking out.  Pretty guttural hard hitting drone doom metal stuff.  I love the artwork.  Its the background on my iTouch. 


The Acacia Strain - Wormwood


This record is petty hard hitting, and the scream is pretty good.  While having the basis for a great record their are things missing.  One being lyrical content.  Its pretty unintelligent, and straight forward.  Nothing left to speculate.  The break downs are pretty predictable, and repetitive.  Some may like it a lot and some not so much.  My take was its ok but nothing to great. 


Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit


Great record.  Very diverse and kept me guessing pretty much the whole way through.  I really like the intro track.  The running water, and bird sounds in the background of this really mellow cello piece is really cool.  Than in come the rolling drums, and the record takes off with the crazy take on death/black metal that these guys do pretty well.  Top 20 material for sure.



   So these are the guys that I missed getting in time, and some I really wish I would've gotten them sooner, and some I was right in waiting to get.  So enjoy these.  I really recommend Kylesa, The Ocean's stuff, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and Agalloch.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment