Friday, March 23, 2012

Fav Albums From My Top 50 Artists

Over the years I've liked, loved, and disliked many artists.  I've even disliked particular workings of some of the artists that I really respect.  Case in point being Korn's last few albums, Rob Zombie's last one, and Marilyn Manson's last few releases as well.  Even though I may not have liked their newer stuff there will always be those albums that I remember, and still respect as some of my favorite albums of all time no matter what their career is doing these days.  So what I wanted to do was put together a list of my all time favorite album from my top 50 favorite bands.  Some of these albums were really hard to narrow down as my favorite.  The main struggle was of course Opeth, and a few others so here we go.  This is a list of my favorite album from my top 50 favorite artists.



Porcupine Tree - In Absentia





Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath




Soilwork - Figure Number Five




Cold - 13 Ways To Bleed On Stage




In Flames - Come Clarity






Ozzy Ozbourne - Blizzard of Ozz




Between the Buried & Me - Alaska




Rainbow - Rising




Agalloch - The Mantle




Stone Temple Pilots - Core




Trivium - Ascendancy




Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast




Opeth - Blackwater Park




Seether - Disclaimer 2




White Zombie - Astro Creep 2000




Behemoth - Evangelion




A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms




Soundgarden - Superunknown




Metallica - Master of Puppets




The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon collie and the Infinite Sadness




Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion




Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit




Megadeth - Rust In Peace




Alice In Chains - Dirt




Tool - Aenima




Meshuggah - Catch 33




Clutch - Clutch




Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus




Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake




Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar




Queens of the Stone Age - Songs For the Deaf




Sepultura - Chaos AD




Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengance




Bush - Sixteen Stone




Mastodon - Blood Mountain




Pearl Jam - Ten




Korn - Issues




Celtic Frost - Monotheist




Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin




Slayer - Reign In Blood




H.I.M. - Love Metal




Danzig - Danzig




Foo Fighters - The Color and the Shape




Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power




Fear Factory - Obsolete




Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli




Staind - Break the Cycle




The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal





   So there they are.  There are a lot from the 90's, and 80's for obvious reasons.  Some are classics that I will never be able to get rid of.  Like Slayer, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Rainbow which are all amazing in their own way.  Some are from the 90's grunge movement like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and THe Smashing Pumpkins which I grew up listening to as a teenager.  I will never stop listening to albums like Aenima, or Dirt from Alice In Chains.  Some were a little harder to narrow down because the artist has released so many good albums like Opeth, Alice In Chains, and Mastodon.  Some were easier like Slayer's Reign In Blood.  That will forever be my favorite Slayer record although all Slayer records have a certain sound that defines Slayer, I just think that Reign In Blood was their best work and will live on as one of the defining albums in the thrash metal movement that started in the 80's.  So if there is single record on here that you haven't listened to I highly recommend checking them out for sure.  They are all great and each have great things about them all.  So until next time stay hard, stay heavy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment