Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Break From the Regular: Fav Guitars

  So every guitar player has their favorite brand or style of guitar.  For the guitar play the guitar he or she uses is an extention of their personality, and in a way becomes part of them.  Without it they feel incomplete, and when you find the one that defines you the best you can't play any other guitar.  It's almost like cheating in a way haha.  Well I've played quit a few guitars in my day I to have found the ones that fit me the best.  So here they are a list of some of the guitars that I have found that feel, play, and look the best to me. 


Schecter - Tempest





Schecter S-1 Custom





Ibanez AS73 TCR




Ibanez Darkstone




ESP EX Diamond



Jackson RR5



PRS Custom 24 Platinum





SO there they are the hand full of guitars that I would love to have.  I've played all of these guitars at one point and every one of them fit me.  Of course I would choose one over another depending on the style I am playing, but if you know me you know that I play typically pretty heavy.  SO my guitar has to be able to take a beating, and stay in tune.  It also has to have a thick clean sound, and be able to handle some pretty low tunings.  Going back and forth with tunnings can sometimes be really hard on cheap necked guitars so mine has to be a pretty tuff neck.  I am a riff based player, and not so much a solo player, but the Jackson screams heavy metal, and that's definitly me so I can't go wrong with the Jackson.  I really love the body style of the Schecter Tempest.  It fits me so well, and I could play pretty much anything on that guitar.  I also love the hallo body sound of the Ibanez AS73.  It brings that depth that I would play for a more raw open sound into the electric world of rock N roll, and also be able to play some pretty agressive blues styles.  Now the PRS is just a wishfull thinking.  I love the Platinum look of the 24, but there are some amazing PRS guitars.  They are all hand made here in the USA and the work on each one is amazing.  While being the best in design, inovation, and playability they will run you about 2 grand for a decent looking one, and 900 to 1300 for lower end decent one.  So yeah they are not cheep by any sence of the word.  But like I've always said you pay for what you get, and there is no better guitar out there than the PRS.  I wish I had all the money in the world.  Boy would I have some really breath taking guitars, and gear.  I would definitly own my own major recording studio with some really cool retro gear, and some amazing new technologies.  For now though I'll have to settle for nothing haha.  Yeah right now I don't own an electric guitar, which is so upsetting because when I get a riff in my head I can't jump in the garage and lay it down, and jam it to something that could be the next big rock tune or something.  Wishfull thinking right?  Right.  Well one of these days I'll be able to start collecting some nice guitars, and gear and not have to worry about selling it to pay for bills and what not.  Yeah that's basically what happened to all my gear.  When my son was born we needed money to pay for things for him, and he comes first above all, so I naturally started selling my stuff to pay for whatever he needed.  I had a couple of nice guitars, an amp, and a bunch of pedal effects, and now I don't own any of them anymore except the first guitar I got when i was like 14, and that one is a Takamine acoustic guitar that I swore that I would never get rid of no matter what happens.  So here they are the guitars that I will own one of these days.  SO until next time stay hard, stay heavy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment