Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Blood In the Dirt 2

   I've been picking up quite a few new cds lately and some are from bands that are new to me.  Not to say that I haven't heard of these guys before, but just now have gotten the chance to check them out.  Like I said before a band is new to me if I've only been listening to them for a year or so.  Some of the groups are older still and have been around for a while.  So here are a few of the new ones I'm really digging right now that are kickin major but. 



The Acacia Strain


This is just funny.  Seeing the polar opposites on both sides of the spectrum.  Geeky white guys who can't possibly listen to bone crushing metal, and gangster black rapers who also can't possibly listen to metal.  Pretty funny.  The gangsters are on stage trying to panimime the instruments and do a WONDERFUL job of it.  (Sarcasm) :)


August Burns Red



Bison B.C.



Crowbar


I know I know.  Crowbar has been around since the early 90's, but only until now have I been able to get into them, and I'll say with their new one Sever the Wicked Hand I don't know how I ever lived without these guys.  Check em out you won't be sorry. 


The Dillinger Escape Plan


Can you say pure adrenaline, and speed frenzy.  These guys are pretty intense the whole way through.

Electric Wizard


If Sabbath had a devil spawn child with lets see Deep Purple, and Blue Cheer.  Electric Wizard would be that baby.  These guys are doom, stoner, sludge metal with a retro 70's vibe.  There is no one else like Electric Wizard. 

Enslaved



Heaven Shall Burn



HowL


Kingdom of Sorrow


I'd have to say that I was very hesitant to get into this band.  I don't like Kirk Windstein's counter part on this project very much.  Not a big Hatebreed fan, but man I like the mesh of the vocal styles and they really perfected the sound on their new one.  Check it out I was very surprised.

Kylesa


You guys already know what I think of this group.  Really great stuff.

Miss May I


Now I'm not into this modern young metal scene so much, but these guys are very good.  YOUNG guys that can really tear it up.  I think these guys have a good future.  Now some of the others in this genre, not so much. 

The Ocean


I love their 2010 efforts.  Double concept albums.  Their most conceptual efforts and they do them very well.

The Sword




So there are some more of my new finds.  I am really into the stoner, drone stuff right now so the groups like Howl, Electric Wizard, Kylesa, The Ocean, and The Sword are some my faves right now.  So hopefully you get turned on to one of these groups.  I recommend The Ocean, or Kylesa, but that's just me.  So until next time stay hard, stay heavy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment