Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Top 20 Heavy Metal Albums of 2011

SO I was also debating on weather or not I was going to do this one as well.  Really at all, but I"m going to go ahead and do it because there are just to many good ones out this year.  There are also some really really bad ones.  Like the Morbid Angel which the one everyone is thinking about when they think of upsets of the year.  So here we go my favorite metal albums of 2011.




-20-
The Black Dahlia Murder - Ritual





-19-
Tesseract - One





-18-
Revocation - Chaos of Forms





-17-
The Human Abstract - The Digital Veil




-16-
Animals As Leaders - Weightless





-15-
Crowbar - Sever the Wicked Hand





-14-
Demonaz - March of the Norse





-13-
Dir En Grey - Dum Spiro Spero





-12-
Unearth - Darkness In the Light





-11-
Megadeth - Th1rt3en





-10-
Skeletonwitch - Forever Abomination





-9-
Tombs - Path of Totality





-8-
Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction





-7-
Obscura - Omnivium





-6-
In Solitude - The World, The Flesh, The Devil





-5-
Toxic Holocaust - Conjure and Command





-4-
Insomnium - One For Sorrow





-3-
SubRosa - No Help For the Mighty One





-2-
Mastodon - The Hunter





-1-
Machine Head - Unto the Locust





So there they are.  The 20 metal records that have been spinning in my ears this year the most.  There are a lot of different styles in this list, and some would say this one is higher or lower, and that's fine.  Go make your own list cause this ones mine.  Ha.  I wanted to do 5 runners up so here they are my 5 runners up of the year.  These records were really really good as well.  I just enjoyed the top 20 just a little bit more that than these guys, but I'll give them a runners up spot for sure so here they are.  These won't be a particular number as to better or worse.  They are all really good releases so enjoy.



Wolves In the Throne Room - Celestial Lineage





Primordial - Redemption At the Puritans Hand




Ulcerate - Destroyers of All





Trap Them - Darker Handcraft





Maruta - Into Regression




So now there they are.  Everything that was note worthy of a top spot this year.  Like I said before there were a lot of good releases this year, or albums that had a lot of good moments but seemed to be lacking a certain something, and ones that were just horrible.  I'm sorry if you liked Morbid Angel's release this year your ears are obviously jacked up, because that is one of the worst record I've heard in my entire life.  Not even joking.  I started laughing when track 2 came on, and couldn't make it past track 5, and I usually don't turn something off when I'm trying to analyze it, but I just couldn't make it through the whole thing with the Morbid Angel.  Sorry guys but major fail this year.  The limp Bizkit also.  I think I made it to like 1 minute into track 2 and I had to turn it off, and the first track is an intro as they always do.  So yeah that one was a major fail as well.  I actually made it through the Metallica & Lou Reed's Lulu.  Although it was tough to do, I did make it through that whole piece of junk.  It pains me to say that yet another thing that Metallca has done besides St. Anger is just crap.  And to do it with one of the biggest folk, rock 70's icons like Lou Reed is just blasphemy.  It just seemed unfinished to me, and it got really boring a quarter of the way through, but I was able to make it the whole way through so maybe it wasn't all bad.  So until next time stay hard, stay heavy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment