Saturday, July 16, 2011

Top 20 Metal Guitarists Continued (20 More)

   So when I started this blog thing I put a couple of lists together one of them being my top 20 heavy metal guitarists.  I enjoyed making those lists because they included some great guitarists that have made some of the most memorable guitar licks in the history of guitar playing.  I wanted to continue on the guitarists list because 20 is just not enough for me.  There are so many great guitar players out there and some of these guys could've been included on my top 20 guitarists originally like guys like Joe Satriani, Buckethead, James Hetfield, and Jeff Hanneman from Slayer.  So here goes 20 more guys that I think rip it up on the guitar as well.  Enjoy!

1.   Scott Ian - Anthrax, Stormtroopers of Death, Damnocracy, The Damned Things


2.   Angus Young - AC/DC


3.   Buckethead - Solo, "the list goes on who he's worked with"


4.   Brendon Small - Dethklok


5.   Joe Satriani - Solo



6.   Ritchie Blackmore - Deep Purple, Rainbow, Blackmore's Night



7.   George Lynch - Dokken, Lynch Mob, Solo



8.   Tom Morello - Lock Up, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Axis of Justice, The Nightwatchman, Street Sweeper Social Club 


9.   James Hetfield - Metallica




10.   Andreas Kisser - Sepultura



11.   Adam Jones - Tool



12.   Jason Becker - Solo, Cacophony


13.   Mikael Akerfeldt - Opeth, Bloodbath



14.   Jeff Hanneman - Slayer


15.   Michael Amott - Arch Enemy




16.   Jerry Cantrell - Alice In Chains, Solo


17.   Chuck Schuldiner - Death


18.   Jeff Loomis - Nevermore



19.   Eric Peterson - Legacy, Testament, Dragonlord



20.   Fredrik Thordendal - Meshuggah




  So there you have it 20 more guitarists I think really are dominating the metal community along with the other 20 I listed in my previous post.  Guitar is by far my favorite instrument to play so I really find it hard to put these lists together being I'm influenced by so many guitar players out there in many different genres.  Of course metal is what my head usually bangs to so its what I know best.  So if there are some guys that you are like hey what about this guy or that guy go check out my other list I'm sure he's probably on that one, and if he's not well than he wasn't good enough in my opinion.  haha.  Well until next time stay hard, stay heavy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment